Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Dec 1: face fall

After swim class on Saturday, I jumped out of Daddy's arms and landed flat on the parking lot of Marshall's. :(

What a surprise! After coming to believe the world is a safe and loving place, I learned it can be unexpectedly and unpredictably painful and cruel. What a betrayal!

I busted up my mouth and chin and cried like bloody hell for an hour. I finally nursed myself into a fitful sleep. When I woke later the swelling was almost gone and within 24 hours I had healed nicely. It's like a super-power =) Now all I have is a little scrape on my chin as a reminder of my "face fall" as Daddy calls it. He says he'll have to teach me to put my face to one side next time.


All better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Precious, little Pumpkin - you put us all in a state of frightened high alert with your untimely tumble. We may have to get you a protective helmet!
Glad you healed at breakneck speed - besides you know what they say about those rakish scars - the ladies are crazy about them!
Love,
Mormor and Grandpa

Unknown said...

Oh precious little pumpkin, you had us all really worried!
I'm so glad you're all better now and if that tiny scab on your chin should turn into a little scar just remember that the ladies will think it ever so rakish! One day you'll come to appreciate things like that.
Love from Mormor
=)